Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fitness levels getting better but now injured!

I've been slacking off and not blogging like I planned to.  Have been busy with work and gym sessions.  I've been going to the gym 4 times a week, including 2 sessions with the personal trainer.  My fitness has improved immensely. 

When I started in December, I struggled to do 5 minutes on the treadmill or exercise bike, let alone lifting weights or doing squats.  Struggled to do 10 fitball sqauts at my first session - now I can do them for a minute while holding 4kg weight in each hand (and no fitball). 

I have also increased my speed and time on the treadmill.  First session a lap (400m) took 5mins 40sec, now I can do it in 4mins 18sec at a fast walk.  Just this week I have started doing intervals of jogging as well - 30 secs jog then 1 min walk (like in the C25k program). 

I had some pain in my right foot which got worse when I started the jogging intervals.  I went to the physio yesterday and discovered it's the plantar fasciitis that has flared up again. I had it 2 years ago when I started working and was on my feet all day at work.  I got fitted for some better shoes and had physio and it helped a lot.  Didn't have anymore problems until now.  I wasn't wearing the correct type of shoes so my feet were not getting enough support in the right areas (I tend to roll in when I walk). 

Now the physio says no treadmill until it settles down and not much on the cross trainer either!  Have a pt session booked for tomorrow which was to be all cardio, mostly on the treadmill.  Now we are going to do half cardio - but using some cross trainer and the exercise bike.  The rest of the session will be weight training. 

No super Saturday session today but I did use my exercise bike I have at home and will stay and do more at the gym after the pt session so tomorrow will be my super session.

No comments:

Post a Comment