Saturday, January 29, 2011

Introduction

I've started this blog to record my weight loss journey through Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation program.

Michelle Bridges is one of the trainers from The Biggest Loser (Australia) and runs this online program helping people to lose weight and change their lives.  It runs for 12 weeks plus 2 weeks of pre-season tasks.  These are things to get you ready to start the program, such as goal setting, checking your pantry/fridges, etc.  During the 12 weeks you are provided with menu plans, recipes and exercise plans for different levels of fitness.  There are also videos from Michelle and every week there is a live chat with Michelle.

I joined in Round 3 last year and did well for 4-5 weeks but then let things get on top of me and didn't follow through to the end of the 12 weeks.  I did lose weight but put some of it back on.  My weight when I started was 126.5kg.  I got down to 121.5 but then in December I went back up to 123.3kg.

I have joined for Round 1 this year and am more determined to make it work this time.  I joined a gym in December and have been going there 3-4 times a week.  I have 2 sessions with a personal trainer.  This has done wonders for my fitness and so far I have lost another 4kg even though I haven't really been eating that well.  That is going to change this round.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, That is great that you are doing this program again. I can't believe just how good it sounds. I think a blog is a great way to go coz I am trying to be brutally honest about things to help me along the way.
    We can also kick each others ass on the way if we get too slack and encourage each other too.
    I just love the forums as well.....sooooo motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on joining the gym & recommitting to the 12 wk challenge!

    ReplyDelete