Tuesday, October 4, 2011

12WBT Blogging Challenge - Week 2: A Picture of Health

This week's challenge we've been asked to paint a picture of what we believe health is.

This is a hard one for me.  Looking back I don't believe I have ever been healthy.  My diet was terrible - lots of fast food, large bowls of pasta (yes as big and bad as those shown on The Biggest Loser Families!), chocolate, biscuits, etc, and no exercise!  Even when I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and later, Fibromyalgia I still didn't eat healthily or exercise.  All the information I read encourages a healthy diet and exercise to help with the symptoms and would have meant less medications in time.

It has taken me until 41yo to realise what being healthy really means.  For me now it is eating healthy - and loving the meals and trying new tastes, and exercise 5-6 days a week.  I look forward to going to the gym as well as getting together with Perth Crew for all sorts of activities. It is also not needing the heavy duty medications for my arthritis and Fibromyalgia anymore and a lot less painkillers. 

I am still working towards being the healthiest and best version of me but for now I am a better version and healthier than I've been in over 20 years.

2 comments: